Children’s Cause for Cancer Advocacy (CCCA) is pleased to offer an opportunity for two childhood cancer survivors to gain valuable cancer advocacy experience. Award recipients will receive a scholarship of $2,000 via our College Scholars Program beginning in fall 2018.
Applicants who meet the following requirements will be considered for the College Scholars Program:
- Legal resident of the United States under the age of 25 and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Completed College Scholars Program application in full. Fill out the form at right to access the application form.
- Written documentation from a treating physician outlining applicants’ medical history that includes cancer diagnosis.
- Completed project proposal (1,000-word maximum) that includes:
- How the applicant’s diagnosis has impacted their life and future goals.
- Plans for an activity to engage in childhood cancer advocacy. If selected, the applicant will be expected to execute the plan by end of their first semester of the program. Examples include a summer internship in our DC office, presentation at a health fair, or presentation at a CCCA event. Greater consideration will be granted for project creativity. Scholarship recipients will be asked to contribute a guest blog post (or series) about their chosen advocacy project.
- Provide one letter of recommendation from an unrelated person. (examples: teachers, coaches, community leaders).
- Provide a high school and/or current college transcript, whichever is applicable.
Scholarship recipients can be selected for a second year given the following requirements:
- An overall 3.0 GPA
- Status as a full-time student
- Application and accompanying documents are completed a second time
Application deadline is April 15, 2018. Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 15, 2018.
Send your completed application and accompanying documents to:
Children’s Cause for Cancer Advocacy
College Scholars Program
1325 G Street NW, Suite 540
Washington, DC 20005
For questions about this program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-552-7392.